Carbon Conversations are based on a psychological understanding of how people change and help people to make significant reductions in their carbon footprint. Each group of 6 - 10 people meet for 6 sessions usually in member’s homes. The course is for all those who are concerned about climate change and wish to reduce their carbon footprint regardless of their current carbon footprint
What do the groups offer?
- sessions on low-carbon futures, home energy, travel and transport, food and water,
consumption and waste and making plans
- space for people to explore what climate change means for themselves, their families and their aspirations
- permission to share their hopes, doubts and anxieties
- time to work through the conflicts between intention, social pressure and
- reliable, well-researched information and practical guidance on what will
make a difference
- support in creating a personal plan for change
- materials including interactive games and a comprehensive handbook covering climate change basics, low-carbon living and the four key areas of the footprint – home energy, travel, food and other consumption.
Joining or starting a group
The groups are ideal for friends, neighbours and community groups so if you can gather a group of 6 – 10 people we’ll provide the facilitators.
Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and postcode and we’ll contact you when a suitable group is available.